Parents can be involved in the following ways
All DECD preschool are managed by a volunteer management committee comprising President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and members.
The governing council is responsible for internal financial management, fundraising and helping make decisions about facilities and resources that affect your child.
We encourage your involvement in the centre as much as possible. Your children love to see you helping out. Please feel free to join us for a coffee and a chat. You can spend some time playing with your child, reading to small groups, supporting fundraising events, assisting with end of session clean-ups and any other way in which you would like to help. Your involvement will make our centre a better place.
During the year we will hold special events for your child and family. Your help and attendance is greatly appreciated.
Children’s Centres have a Community Development Coordinator who is available to support and encourage parents and families to actively participate in all aspects of the centre.
Our Community Development Coordinator also partners with other agencies to plan and organise a range of programs including:
- Playgroups for parents and carers including Aboriginal families, dads, step-parents, grandparents, foster carers, family day care educators, refugees and newly arrived families and children.
- Parenting programs: child development, early literacy, song time, music and movement, baby massage, support groups and cooking.
- Community events: family fun days, community lunches, school holiday programmes cultural events, celebrations and BBQs.
- Personal development: literacy, career pathways, skill development, volunteering and adult education.
- Parents and Community: centre volunteer program, a Parent Advisory Group, engaging parents in the community.
Last updated: August 13, 2018 at 9:56 am