Health and wellbeing
Children’s healthy development is vital for their learning and wellbeing and lays the foundation for a happy and healthy life. Families have access to a range of SA Health services and programs through Children’s Centres including:
- Health promotion materials and activities on dental health, healthy eating and physical activity and health, child development and parenting information..
- Allied Health Program: In some Children’s Centres occupational therapists, speech pathologists and other allied health staff provide an allied health program to build the skills and knowledge of staff and parents to support children’s development.
- staff development sessions
- parent consultation
- parent and child group programs
Our family practitioner works alongside vulnerable families and children to help them better understand and respond to their child’s needs. They work with parents, our staff and other organisations to help families find relevant services to maintain safe, caring and resilient relationships for child development.
Family practitioners can provide short-term counselling for families to help with:
- domestic violence
- drug and alcohol problems
- mental health
- follow up and advocacy
Please contact us if you think you need help from a family practitioner.
Last updated: May 10, 2022 at 15:14 pm